Monday, February 25, 2013

David Beckham targets Paris St-Germain starting spot

Paris St German's David Beckham
David Beckham

David Beckham says he is targeting a abode in the Paris St-Germain starting XI afterwards authoritative an burning appulse in Sunday's basic 2-0 achievement over rivals Marseille.

The above England captain accepted he had been afraid about his aboriginal achievement in France afore his 16-minute actualization as a substitute.

But accepting helped actualize the additional ambition of the night for Zlatan Ibrahimovich, he said he had been appreciative of his admission at Parc des Princes.

"Obviously it is a acceptable start," he said. "It was nice to get out there as it seems like a continued time aback I signed.

"The administrator just asked me to go on accumulate the brawl and achieve things down. Hopefully I did that."

The 37-year-old could accomplish his aboriginal alpha for Paris in Wednesday's Cup bold adjoin the aforementioned opponents and he is agog to prove to Ancelotti that he still has the adeptness to accord for 90 minutes.

"I accept consistently accepted that as a new amateur advancing in afterwards Christmas and at my age, I don't apprehend to accept a starting position in the XI but it is what you consistently wish as a player," he said.

"I am appreciative to be allotment of this aggregation and was appreciative to be out there but I will yield it footfall by footfall and as continued as I can appear on and accomplish a difference, I would adulation to that."

Beckham accepted he had been destroyed abroad by the acceptable he had got from the home abutment on the night. "The atmosphere in the amphitheater and the accession I got was appealing absurd both afore the bold and again if I came on. It makes it easier if you win."

When asked if he there had been any agitation about dispatch aback into the angrily aggressive amphitheatre of top-flight European football, he said: "There was slight nerves. I accept consistently said it was a big challenge, aback I active for Paris. Playing in America for six years and again absent addition claiming meant there was a little bit of pressure. But I enjoyed advancing on."

David Beckham factfile

At 37 years and nine months, David Beckham is the oldest outfield amateur in Ligue 1 aback Claude Makelele (38 years old and three months) in May 2011 - aswell for PSG

His Paris admission on Sunday agency he has now played in four of the 5 above European leagues

Source: Opta

Beckham aswell accepted he had been admiring by the acceptance administrator Carlo Ancelotti had apparent in him, accepting been befuddled into a top-of-the table affray which was cautiously assertive with just 16 account actual and PSG arch 1-0.

"Yes, of course, abnormally adjoin a aggregation that are in third abode and aggravating to bolt us up," he said. "It is a big game, it is the better bold in France and it is a nice one to be a allotment of for my aboriginal game."

The above Manchester United midfielder has been criticised in some abode as affective absolutely to advice Paris St-Germain advance itself as a cast but Beckham said his affidavit were absolutely down to football.

"The alone application was just to play top-flight football for a top-flight team," he said.

"To be able to accept the adventitious to do that at my age was something I was actual blessed about and actual appreciative to be a allotment of."

What do you feel about this? Share with us what you feel by using the comment box below

No comments:

Post a Comment